Friday, May 01, 2009

Prayer


This was sent to me by someone I've become closer to over time. Someone who's husband became involved to find this for me, people who could be considered as strangers from a distant in some small ways, but who have reached out with compassion, care and friendship. I can't see this friendship as anything but growing.

I tend to believe that many of us are meant to be in each others lives. Meant to cross paths for the better good. A few for the lesser good. Tests maybe.

This inspired me to the point tears fell. It happened to be sent while I was feeling terrible pain. It was received when my state of being and physical pain was overwhelming.

Within a few minutes of reading my pain began to subside. Whether or not others find this to be true... it is. There can be several reasons for it if one wants to consider that the reading itself had nothing to do with the decrease. At the very least it brought a sense of peace and tranquility within me and that alone could be the contributor of the relief. Had these passages and prayer not been available I truly believe that my pain would not have decreased at that time. I had not yet taken any pain medication. I had not been awake long. I was feeling detached, like I was bouncing in and out of myself. I contributed that to the possibility that I did not take my Cymbalta yesterday, or... during my sleep I did not wake to take my Morphine. Withdraws come quickly with these meds. It's why it's important to take as prescribed and on time. The pain itself is different.

I'd like to share what was sent to me...

"It is important that we approach God with integrity and in attitude of humility. But because we fear making a negative confession, we sometimes cross the line of honesty into the line of denial and delusion. Let's be honest. God already knows what we are feeling. He can handle our anger, complaints, and disappointments. He understands us. He is aware of our human frailties (Ps. 103:14) and can be touched with the feelings of our infirmities (Heb. 4:15)"

"Sometimes when you are in teh midst of discouragement, it is difficult to remember that you have ever known any Scripture. I admonish you to read this prayer aloud until you recognize the reality of God's Word in your spirit, soul, and body. Remember, God is watching over His Word to perform it. (Jer. 1:12 AMP) He will perfect that which concerns you. (Ps 138:8)"

PRAYER

"Lord, I do not understand why You have allowed this trouble to assail me. It was after I began to follow You in obedience that this trouble was manifested in my life. I have exhausted all my possibilities for changing my situation and circumstances and have found that I am powerless to change them. I believe; help me overcome my unbelief. All things are not possible with man, but all things are possible with You. I humble myself before You, and You will lift me up.

I have a great High Priest Who has gone through the heavens; Jesus, Your Son. And I hold firmly to the faith I profess. My High Priest is able to sympathize with my weaknesses. He was tempted in every way, just as I am -- yet was without sin. I approach Your throne of grace with confidence, so that I may receive mercy and find grace to help me in my time of need.

In the face of discouragement, disappointment, and anger, I choose to believe that Your word to Moses is Your word to me. You are mighty to deliver. Because of Your mighty hand, You will drive out the forces that have set themselves up against me. You are the Lord, the Promise-Keeper, the Almighty One. You appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, and established Your covenant with them.

Father, I believe that You have heard my groaning, my cries. I will live to see Your promises of deliverance fulfilled in my life. You have not forgotten one word of Your promise; You are a Covenant-Keeper.

It is You Who will bring me out from under the yoke of bondage and free me from being a slave to RSD. You have redeemed me with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgement. You have taken me as your own, and You are my God. You are a father to me. You have delivered me from the past that has held me in bondage and translated me into the Kingdom of love, peace, joy, and righteousness. I will no longer settle for the pain of the past. Where sin abounds, grace does much more abound.

Father, what You have promised, I will go and possess, in the name of Jesus. I am willing to take the chance, to take the risk, to get back into the good fight of faith. It is with patient endurance and steady and active persistence that I run the race, the appointed course that is set before me. I rebuke the spirit of fear, for I am established in righteousness. Oppression and destruction shall not come near me. Behold, they may gather together and stir up strife, but it is not from You, Father. Whoever stirs up strife against me shall fall and surrender to me. I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me.

In His name I pray, amen."

___________________________________

And in his name I do pray.. Amen


Until next time..


No comments: