Monday, June 29, 2009

Pacing and Replacing

Having learned these last several weeks to pace in all things it's come as a major relief that there will be something to fall back on.

Today though I was placed back on Morphine twice a day. In 2 weeks I start a treatment program using a med similar to Methadone, but called Suboxone. And actually the first of it's kind since Methadone in the last 30 years. It's also been used to treat pain. Still in clinical trials for that, so I'll be a test subject of sorts and I think that's okay with me. I say "I think" because I felt like a failure in many ways even though I've succeeded. I still started out with 7 types of medications a day, equaling more than 15 a day by intake and am only on 2 and when I quit the Morphine again it will just be replaced with the new. So just 3 intakes of pills a day.

I have to remember I have come far in such a short time. I have 8 days left until graduation. Weekends don't count.

I have to work on my "Self Talk". I'll discuss that at another time for those unsure of what it means.

Gosh, there's so much I've learned I haven't talked about yet. I know I've said I would and I will when I have more time. Might be a month from now when all that gets started.

In the meantime..

I truly wish each of you most well

Always breathe easy...

Until next time..


No comments: