Wednesday, August 26, 2009

OMG! It's true!

I am 4 days off Morphine. Last night was terrible. I couldn't hold anything down, I was freezing, I was hot, I kept ending up in the bathroom and I was as high as a kite.

I did my induction yesterday afternoon. I was given 2 halfs about 20 minutes apart in the office. When I got home I was to take another half. 4mgs every couple of hours until midnight and start the full 8mg tablet in the morning. They dissolve under the tongue. YUCK! It's been compared to being 100 times stronger than morphine and 10 times stronger than Fentanyl. (I really don't know about that).

It is though without a doubt the strongest med I have ever taken. I've been looped since yesterday at my induction. I imagine I'll stay this way until my body gets use to it. Could be weeks, months, or years just like any other med if a tolerance is built up. Don't like the feeling... I mean I went to pet the dog at the end of the bed and it wasn't the dog it was a pillow. ~blushes

BUT LEMME TELL YA... OMG! It's true! My pain is so much better. Already!

My pain level hasn't been higher than a 5 since I started it. And there have been times it's held at a 3. I go back to pain management on Monday, when I switch to full Suboxone pain relief is suppose to be even better.

and know what? Moments.. just moments....I didn't feel anything. Nothing!
It was like a reverse scared! I was scared because I didn't feel anything. Can you believe that? It didn't last long.. but it was there. I mean it wasn't there...

Because of those seconds.... those minutes.. I'm not even sure if it was real or not.

~inclines my head...
For a few broken up minutes..

I didn't hurt at all.

Until next time...