Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Diabetic Awakening

My Master was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 years ago while being hospitalized for a heart attack. He was discharged after having 2 stents placed in his heart and being diagnosed as well with the Diabetes.

He's taken 7 different medications for the last 2 years. He wears Nitro around his neck just in case an attack comes on again.

I was diagnosed with Diabetes about a year ago, borderline, I don't take any meds for it.

A person close to me Mistress M informed me of many things I didn't know regarding Diabetes in a long telephone conversation. I am grateful to her. While I blogged info on Diabetes on my 360 2 years ago, I have forgotton what I learned. We know now that we have her to help us with further info if we need it.

She's sending us out 2 testing monitors? And some strips. We really need to take better care of ourselves in this regard and test regularly. We'll call the doc to get a script for additional strips.

Diabetic coma, loss of eye sight, crashes and other things really opened my eyes even more. Very scary.

I am very grateful to her for her love and concern. And for taking the time to explain all this to me. For sending us units to take care of ourselves. Thank you Mistress!

It began to make me wonder if the neuropathy I already have from severe nerve damage and other illness might not be instigating my pain with Diabetic neuropathy as well.

A double wammy.

A definate diabetic awakening!

No comments: